No statements or pressures; BCCI will handle it: Ganguly refuses to comment on Kohli’s bomb PC | Cricket News – Times of India


KOLKATA: A day after India’s Test captain Virat Kohli triggered a storm by publicly contradicting him, BCCI president Sourav Ganguly declined to comment on the matter, saying the board would consider it.
Kohli during his pre – departure press conference prior to the tour in South Africa, said he was never asked to stay as T20 skipper when he made clear his intention to give up the post.

This was in stark contrast to Ganguly’s claim a few days ago that Kohli had been asked not to leave the post.
“No statements, no press conference. We will deal with it, leave it to (BCCI),” Ganguly told local media on Thursday.

It was about BCCI asking the chairman of the electorate Chetan Sharma to address the media after Kohli’s explosive press conference, but the board eventually refrained from making any counter-statements.
Kohli’s comments on Wednesday brought to light the underlying tension in his equation with the administrators.

“Whatever was said about the communication that took place about the decision that was made was inaccurate,” Kohli had said, with obvious reference to Ganguly’s statement.
“When I left the T20 captaincy, I had first approached the BCCI and hinted at my decision and put my point of view in front of them (officials).

“I gave the reasons why I wanted to leave the T20 leadership and my point of view was received very nicely. There was no offense, no hesitation, and not for once was I told that ‘you should not leave the T20- the leadership ‘, “he had claimed.
Earlier, in an interview with PTI, Ganguly said he had spoken to Kohli and told him that two captains in the white ball format were not something the voters wanted as there would be “too much leadership.”

Rohit Sharma is now the sole white-ball captain and has also been named Kohli’s deputy in the test format.

.



Source link

Leave a Comment